Monday, January 4, 2010

November and December Quote Board


River LOVES dancing, she pronounces ballett instead of baa leigh, she says it bu leigh, it's so cute. She has great dance moves that she's made up all on her own. Twirls and spins and has a wonderful time. She talkes with her hands alot. When she's thinking - she either taps her head or rubs her chin. She raises her hand in a wheel-of-fortune manner to show her different choices.
River: Well, mom here's the deal: I could watch my movie (with a wave of her hand with the palm up) and THEN take a nap (other hand raised with that option in the palm of her hand).

River: Mom, these Shrimpies are SO scrumptious!

River: I want to sit in the seat with the checklers (plaid)

River: Mom, these are my Bestest! Or, This is my Bestor!

I call Colt my Macgyver. Have you ever seen that old tv show? Macgyver is in these incredibly impossible situations and has to get out with the common things he finds around him. Colt can fix most anything and in the most creative ways with common things - hair ties (still making our toilet flush) hangers (oh, hangers are used for most everything including keeping car lights working) and duct tape. I grew up with baling twine holding the world together, Colt has introduced me to the value of duct tape. Isn't marriage wonderful, the merger of baling twine and duct tape - our home is secure!

River was telling us tonight that when she prays to Heavenly Father tonight, she wants to ask for a baby brother. When asked what good brother names would be, her answers: Mustasher, Eyebrower and Watchtver

Marrying in to Colt's family has brought the enjoyment of Rook at many family gatherings at our home. While playing Rook:
Kin: Is Yellow a Color? (didn't have yellow in his hand)
Kin: I don't do the communal food thing so well

Signs we live in a tech age:
1. River: Mom, I want to play Disney.com
2. River: Mom, I'll be done in just a sec. I have to send one last email.
3. Instead of a lemonade stand, a kid outside of a dairy store was selling MP3s and Cellphones.

River has entered the Why stage. Everything has about 10 whys. River: Mom, why did you put milk in that? Mom: Because that's how you make enchilladas. River: Why? Mom: Because I'm following the recipe, milk is one of the ingredients. River: Why? Mom: To make it yummy River: Why? (About 10 more times) She LOVES exploring her world!

River loves here Treasures: Freinds, special pretty rocks, little animal figurines, River loves small things that she can put in her pockets or little backpack or purse. She loves collecting and taking pictures of her treasures.

River: "Are my teeth still white?"River has learned about cavities and that we need to take good care of our teeth. Every day before she brushes her teeth she asks if her teeth are white, she's worried about them turning black.

Our girls are growing up so fast!
Karin: Can we pause time?
Colt: Nope, I'm afraid it's stuck on fast forward.

River is totally into Glue! She got a preschool book from Grandpa that she can cut out and glue. She has glued a picture of a little boy to the wall to remind us that she wants a little brother.

1 comment:

  1. I Love reading these!! I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete