Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Candy Making Party


I find that the hardest part of a get-together for me is not the planning or even the cooking, it's the invite!!  Why is it so hard for me to invite people over?  I am ever so grateful when others invite me and our family to things, so I have made it a goal to invite others to our home and to activities.

My friend Lena is great at inviting and planning events.  She planned and put together a Christmas Candy Making Party that we had at our home.

 I envisioned making these goodies to be a lot harder than it actally was - I was thinking of the candy making where the sugar has to be a certain temperature, and if you don't stir it just right, it will be ruined, long hours with less than stellar results.  These recipes were oh so yummy and super, super easy with only a couple of ingredients and only needed to use the microwave.  She got the recipes off of tasteofhome.com.  Click on the following to be taken to the recipe:

Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Microwave Marshmallow Fudge
Holiday Truffles
Toffee Peanut Clusters
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles (this recipe is for bloodshot eyeballs for halloween, but make them beautiful for Christmas)
Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles (again, a "Hosts of Ghosts" halloween recipe, but excellent for Christmas).
Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy
It was fun because at the rate I go I may have gotten to one recipe - this way we made 7 different goodies and all had an assortment of chocolates when we left.  We had over 20 ladies come to our party.  This will definitely be an annual Christmas event!
Great company and lots of chocolate = a fabulous evening!

1 comment:

  1. And it was FABULOUS!!!! Thanks again Karin for having us over. It was PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete