Monday, January 9, 2012

Quote Board

Our next door neighbor walked over to our house without shoes on. She was walking carefully to avoid the rocks and burrs. Silver says "Her feet panda bears!!" Not understanding I asked what she meant. "Mom!! Her feet bears!!" I finally understood she had bare feet :)


Mom asked Silver to buckle herself up in the car. Silver's response: Me Can't!!! Me Too Widdoo (little). As I got baby in the van and myself in the driver seat Silver was trying to do it herself all the while saying "I think I can!! I think I can!!! I think I can!!!"

Silver: "Cock-a-Woodle-Doo-Doo!!"

River figured out her parents are not perfect. Very Seriously, and very disappointed: "Mom, We do NOT recycle!!"

While riding in the van River asks me from the back seat: "Mom, is it true when you're baptized that your lungs are washed away?" We then discussed that it's your wrongs that are washed away.

Silver loves to play Dogs. She tells me "Me a person, this (River) my puppy!" Today she asked me to play Dogs. "Me a puppy!" I asked her if she wanted me to be a dog or a person. She replies.....uuummmm....you a old person!

While making breakfast before school, Daddy said "Mommy is a busy bee" Silver says "Daddy busy kangaroo!"

We take the neighborhood kids to school with us every morning - so we all walked outside to get into the van to go to school. Shayla says "Silly Maa-ey! He's under the van - he's gonna get run over!" Maa-ey proceeds to jump into the van. After fishing out the goat that wanted to go to school for the 2nd time, we got everyone into the van. I made sure everything was good before we proceeded to SLOWLY back up and......managed to run over our goat. It was very tragic and very sad...especially on the first day of our carpool. The silver lining is that none of the small kids saw it - so it was a shock to River when I told her about it later on that evening. Maa-ey was more than a van-length behind where the van was parked, and I was going extremely slow, so he wasn't under the van when we started...........sigh. I feel really bad. The next day River comes to me and says I'm glad that Maa-ey died. She prodeeded to then say that she wasn't glad he died but that she was glad if it had to be one of them that it was hers instead of Silver's because "Silver really loves her goat, and would be really sad if anything happened to it." River has a big and caring heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment