Monday, July 13, 2009

Recipe for Instant Cats

Last Sunday while we were outside enjoying the evening, we noticed a cat that River started packing around. She told me a couple of times that it was hungry and could she feed it some dinner. I told her no for about an hour. This cat was cute, behaved really well with River and was obviously hungry.
So how much harm could one left over piece of chicken do?
The next morning we had 7 cats on our doorstep: Yes, she has 6 kittens.

Well, I didn't feed them for the next several days hoping that they would go back where they came from. She got skinnier and skinnier and hungrier and hungrier. I figured she probably was hanging around for more hand-outs and missed the meals where she came from. So we finally broke down and fed them.



Yikes, so now we have 7 cats - I don't feel like they were getting enough food before they moved to our house.

Disclaimer: I don't like cats. So this is interesting, I didn't want pets (at this point of our life with babies and small kids) and now all of a sudden we find ourselves with 7. When we do get pets, I'd like to be able to pick them out which ones we want. And, this neighborhood has TONS of cats, so it's just a matter of time before the roamers find we have food at our house. Oh My!

So here's my recipe for cats:
One Piece of leftover chicken.
Beef, Pork, or Fish may substituted.
And there you have it: Instant Cats!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. OH Dear Dear DEAR!! That is A LOT of cats! For your sake I hope they wander away...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, somehow growing up, all the abandoned cats knew they could come to our house, and then they stayed. At least they stay outside, makes life easier. . .beware, cat food often attracts other small animals (ie skunks)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karin I am so glad that you took pictures and shared that! I was laughing so hard when I saw all those cats!! I am still smiling! I am so sorry about your "little" problem. I bet River is entertained for hours.

    ReplyDelete