Monday, November 16, 2009

October Quote Board

River has a very dramatic side to her. Lately instead of doing what I ask she tells me she can't do it. "Mom, I keep falling down so I can't put my jams away" then she stands up takes a step and flops on the ground. Or "Mom, my arms hurt, or my tummy says I can't or my arms aren't long enough or it's too hard." She doesn't get out of it though. She still has to do her job (pick up toys or put away clothes) sometimes it can take a really, really long time.

I think I've stumbled upon why River doesn't eat. "Mom, if I eat too much then my tummy will grow really big" or "mom, I can't eat too much or my pants won't fit" I think she's worried about getting fat. We read a Bearenstain Bears book about junk food and how we need to make choices between healthy food and junk food. Sister and Brother bear in the book got pudgy because they ate too much junk food. We've had some chats about healthy food making you strong.

River: "A Little Girl named River is Hungry" or "A little girl named River wants to watch a movie right now"

River: When my Dad is gone, my whole world falls apart!

River wanted a tie to wear when she visits daddy's office. Daddy always wears a tie to the office, so she has a little clip on pink tie that she wears to go see Daddy.

River: Mom, when is Jesus going to come? I've been waiting a LONG time! He's going to come out of the clouds!! I want Jesus to come!

1 Samuel 12:24 "Only Fear (Reverence) the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you."
D&C 38:7 But Behold, veryily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me"

River: Mom, my tummy says I need to read a book. (River used to say that her tummy told her if she was hungry or not, but now her tummy tells her if she wants to do just about anything or not)

Silver Dawn is getting really good at walking while holding onto things. She will hold onto my pants while I walk around slowly and she'll walk with just one hand holding onto my pants. She also walks with the kitchen chair, she pushed the chair forward, and then walks to catch up. She walked across the kitchen that way, but of course when I pull out the camera she stops and sits down to come over to check out the camera :)

I turned the corner to find River with a huge frown look up at me with huge sad eyes: "Mom, you broke my heart!" (I had told her earlier today that we were going to stay home today and not go to visit any friends today.)

River: "Look, I'm coloring a picture of Jesus...I love Jesus....One day, Jesus will come out of the clouds and he will hug me!"

In the car driving the church, Daddy says: You're my Princess. River says: Yeah. After a minute of quiet thinking River says: So, if I'm a princess, then Jesus is the King!

We use the nursery manual as our FHE lessons. River was coloring a picture of a family to be used that night for FHE. She was coloring the Daddy, Mommy, Sister and Baby. Then she looks up...."Mom, Who is this BOY??" Mom: "That's a brother, some families have little boys and they are brothers" River: "Oooohhh......(after coloring the boy) .....Mom, I think we need to get a brother for our family too."

River: "Oh, I can't do that....I don't have enough air." (to explain to a friend that I'm playing with this toy now, I'll let you play with it when I'm done).

Aga, Zozo, Jaja are all names River has made up to name her stuffed animals. River's bear is white and named Mr. Carrots after a polar bear at the San Diego zoo last year that ate carrots and Silver's bear is brown and named Jaja.

River must have said this 20 times this morning in a caring voice: "Silver, you won't die....I promise"

River got the biggest kick out of Grandpa Brock's glider up in SLC. I wish I had a picture of it. It is a HUGE glider that I used to play on when I was little. It is big enough to hold adults too. Colt and I took her on it with Colt in back of her. I was surprised she didn't get scared - we went really high!! After the BYU football game, River and Daddy rode it and she laughed and had the wind blowing in her face.....had SO much fun. Today she kept asking to go to Grandpa's house for his glider. I said it was a REALLY long drive to get to Grandpa's house. That's okay Mom, let's hop in the car!!

No comments:

Post a Comment