Monday, March 14, 2011

Quote Board

Silver pronounces Summer's name as "Shuummaaaah!" Said with much enthusiasm!


In our preschool time we were learning about the seasons, and with the globe, talking about the way the Earth tilts, making it Winter on this side of the Earth and Summer on the other side. A couple of days later River says to me: "MOM! So, it's winter here and summer there. But they're on the other side of the Earth. But to them, that's their home, and we're on the other side of the Earth to them!!" Huge discovery!

So i was SO excited! I found a yummy chicken salad recipe that said "prep time 10 minutes" Wow! Delicious, healthy and FAST! Perfect. I started at 5:30 - plenty of time for 6:00 dinner right? I didn't get the dinner on the table until 6:40. This too shall pass....one of these days I can make a 10 minute meal in 40 minutes, hey I'd even be happy for 30 minutes, and extatic for 20. :) Meanwhile I'll love my precious helpers that dice the chicken oh so fine...read ultra-fine! And cut the grapes so meticulously...cut 1 eat 3...cut 1 eat 3.

I don't understand....girls like looking nice in their clothes....so why do guys have lots of options for pants....with waist and inseam clearly marked in their sizes.....32 x 36, 36 x 32. We girls have to settle for S, M, L, XL, and occasionally they come in short, regular and tall. Except for those of us who are statistically out of the bell curve (I loved statistics by the way).....and then tough luck with pants. I rarely can find an inseam long enough.... usually the longer the inseam, the bigger around the waist. :( I have the same inseam as Colt. :)

I finally found out what "Tam-pead" is! Silver keeps saying it over and over. We were reading and I always point out things in the pictures and have Silver repeat them. Mom: Dog Silver: Puppy Dog! Mom: Monkey Silver: Ooo Aaaa! Mom: Whale Silver: Shark! Mom: Mountain Silver: Tam-pead! Mom: Mountain Silver: Tam-pead! Aaaahhh! Finally broke the code!

I bet you can't spoon feed a baby her rice cereal without your mouth working - your mouth making the moves that you wish her mouth would make. Try it! I TRIED to not move my mouth...impossible!

Silver's words: (All Said with Gusto!) Ok Mom! Coming Mom! Thank you Mom! River Too! (She always watches out for River and wants to get her one of anything she gets). Said in a quiet voice - Whhhyyyy? Chiisss Stck (cheese stick) Tangy! Candy. Tummy Hurt - she doesn't eat well at meals and as soon as we get down, or especially go anywhere I get "Tummy Hurt - Hunggyy!" (Hungry) Tickied (Sticky) GO! (As in Let's Go!) Pottyy! It's a good thing that Mom's know their own kids language. It's funny how other mom's can't really make out what other kids are saying, but they can interpret their own. Well, most of the time. Silver will say the same thing over and over and over, many times I can't make out what she's trying to say, so I'll take her hand and say "Show Me" or she'll try to figure out a different way to say it.

River: "Mom, I've got a really hard question! I just can't figure it out!! So, Mommies have babies, and babies turn into Mommies. But if babies grow into Mommies and mommies came from babies what was first? Baby or Mommy?" Colt tells the girls a scripture story every night before bed. River loves her "stories that Really happened!" We told her that we would tell her the story of Adam and Eve for Scripture Story later that night. "Okay!"

Silver LOVES life - the bigger the better! She says "Big!" when she's washing dishes with me and she wants more water coming out of the faucet. "Big!" when she wants to be pushed higher on the swing.

River: "Mom, when I sleep in your bed, it's SO nice! When I sleep in my bed I feel like a lizard, frog and snake". Mom: "How does it feel to be a lizard?" River: "Wiggly! It's really hard to sleep when you're a lizard and so wiggly."

River and Silver have been having a really hard time going to bed. River comes in to tell me that it's not fair that she has to go to bed and I can stay up. We're a family she says, we should all do things together!

River has her backpack ready-to-go for school! Kindergarten doesn't start for another 7 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment