Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quote Board

River visited Grammie for a couple of days and I asked her to be a good girl and help take care of Silver and Summer.  "Okay Mom!  I can do that!"  A while later when I said goodbye she broke down crying saying:  "I'm just a little kid Mom!  I can't take care of Silver AND Summer!!  I'm just a little kid!"  I had to explain to her that Grammie was going to take care of them and that I just needed her to give them hugs and be nice to them and help her figure out what they were saying.  "Okay, Mom, I can do that!!" 

River came running in "Mom!  Shayla and I are both wearing flip-flops and having purple popsicles!  Oh, we are SO sisters!"

River to Danika her babysitter: "There go my parents. They are my best friends in the whole wide world! I love them SO much!"
I love children's faith. They pray with such belief that things they request will be granted. It's like they have the perspective of the thing already happening and thanking the Lord for the event of the future. I love how they sing Primary songs throughout the day and talk of Christ like he's a friend. Silver today in the car while we were driving: "Jesus!" "Jesus!" "Jesus Loves MEEE!!!"

Sign on a meat truck advertising pork, chicken and beef brought to your door: "Our animals are vegetarian so you don't have to be" :)

River: I'm so totally BRILLIANT!!
Mom: What does brilliant mean?
River: It's like really Fantastic!!

River: "Mom!! I have the GREATEST idea: So, you know how I have a pen pal and we write letters and I get a letter in the mail, and I send her one, and then I get another letter in the mailbox? You could be my Present-pal! You leave me a present and then I leave you a present, and then you leave me a present!!"

I wish I would have had a camera today. I made a mental snapshot of the moment: River had fallen asleep in SG today, totally exhausted after the park and fell asleep before we got to the store. I put a blanket in the cart and put Summer (also asleep in her carseat) in the top front of the cart. It was the cutest thing with both girls snuggled in asleep :) And River hanging off the side of the cart. Precious Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment