Sunday, November 4, 2012

Quote Board

We enjoy our wrestling matches that involves all of us rescuing each other from "the monster" (Daddy). Daddy will grab River and then Summer will bravely jump in to save her, freeing River but being captured herself. They all look after each other to make sure they are "safe!" If it ever happens that all 3 are safe at the same time we will hear Summer saying "get me! get me!" Silver is always either captured or wading in to make a daring rescue. During one of these times I was on the sidelines when I get a HUGE wet kiss on my cheek and turn to see my sweet Silver as she pauses in her play to say "I Love You, Mom!"


Silver found a HUGE teddy bear: Dad! Come Look!! It's Hu-Gum-Bus! It's Hu-NOR-mous!

I knew I reached a new standard when my shake was declared "even better than hotdogs!!"

Whenever there is whining or complaining after I've asked something we practice appropriate answers like Okay Mom! Silver is really good at not whining and obeying the first time I ask. She is ready with a response like Sure Thing! or Yes-Sir-Ee! Okay!! Today she came up with a new one when Daddy asked: Aye Aye Captian!

Silver says to me: "I don't want to grow up! I want to just stay little. It's fun being small."

Someone asked Silver and Summer what their names were. Silver looked shyly on while Summer patted her chest and said "Summer" and patted Silver's arm and said "Silver" Later on I asked Silver what Daddy's name was and she answered Colt! I asked what Mommy's name is and she thinks about it for a second while tapping her lips. She answers "Goldylocks!"
One morning before work we were all gathered in a circle to say a prayer and sing a song. Mommy was praying "please help us today to be loving and nice and kind to each other." During this phrase, Summer kicks Silver, who then kicks Summer. Sigh. Mommy started giggling at the timing of it all - it took a minute to be able to continue with the prayer. We ended our morning devotional with the song "I'm trying to be like Jesus!"

Colt exclaims: "I have an absolutely brilliant idea!"   He then goes to the fridge and pulls out a cold V8 vegetable juice. As he savors his drink I let him collect these amazing thoughts. After a minute I let him know I am ready to hear this brilliant idea. "Oh!" he says: "That was it, just to have a cold V8. You have just witnessed pure genius!"

River: I couldn't have a better family.

River talking to me about Silver: I couldn't have a better sister. She shares with me, and plays with me. She's very nice. 

While taking a family walk one Sunday evening, Silver looks up at the clouds. She tells me they are pretty - it had just rained and it was mottled dark black, grey and white sploches. Silver tells me "Mom, I can smell the clouds!"

As part of our 24th of July celebration the Sister Missionaries ran one of the kids booths for face painting at the park. After we returned home River asks me "Mom, how did you know that those missionaries were sisters?" I explained that boy missionaries are called Elders and girl missionaries are called Sisters. I said when I served a mission I was Sister Brock. After thinking about that she says "So, when I go on my mission, I'll be Sister Henderson!!"

I asked Silver which fruit or veggie we should have for lunch. I offered some suggestions ...apples ... oranges ... kiwi .... peppers .... Hhhhmmm, she says "HotDogs!"

For HotDogs, Summer says: Hot Dots!

No comments:

Post a Comment