Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012


River diving right in.


Summer with her FAVORITE monkey shirt!


We had many opportunities this year to get dressed up!

Our community does a trunk-or-treat where we all get together for a chili and cornbread potluck with everyone in their costumes and we go around the church parking lot trick-or-treating to the cars.

Just as we were headed out the door (as a puppy dog) Summer cries "Potty BAD!"   Well the puppy outfit has lots of buttons down the front, and we didn't make it in time :(  She was SO sad that she couldn't be "my dog".  When I got out the sheep costume, she was very excited to be a lamb.  "I'm So sheepy!"  she says.

She later grabbed a cup of very very hot apple cider and dumped it all down her - it was a hard night on costumes :)  She burned her hand but after running it under cold water and being toted around she was a good sport about the evening - candy Always helps!

The only picture I have that shows Silver's shoes.  We have pieced this costume together over many months.  First we found the pants and she "ran so fast!  like a Cheetah!"  Then we got the shoes - and she ran even faster!  She kept telling me she wanted a cheetah shirt and lo and behold, a little girls prayers were answered one day at the thrift store.  She regularly wears her cheetah outfit.  

Getting dressed for the community Halloween carnival at the school Silver tells me that people are going to make fun of me because I'm not in costume.  I dab some sparkles on my cheeks and she says that is "Much Better!"  She looks at me and asks me what I am?  Then she says "oh, I know - you're a crab!"   The next party a couple of days later I dressed as above "what are you mom?"  she asks....hmmm, clown hair with cat whiskers, overalls.  Silver says I still needed something to complete the look - she brings me a shell necklace to complete the outfit.  

Silver Cheetah



Summer - Magenta Puppy








Daddy was our hippie.  Silver called him her "Sippy"
He made his pants in college from a pair of pants he found at the DI, added sequins and the flares.  I was very impressed at his sewing abilities !




Colt the Sippy


Karin the Crab


River the Angel

Silver the Cheetah

Summer the Puppy

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your girls are So cute. Colt is too funny. I love that he is such a good sport. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete