Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Quote Board

Silver: I'm the picker! And I pick.....ME!!!

I LOVE pregnancy! I can sleep and that outweighs ALL other effects. I only have 10 more weeks and wish the sleep could somehow last longer - this pregnancy has gone by WAY too fast! I fall asleep quickly and stay asleep - and it usually is deep sleep! What a Blessing from Heaven!! 

River knocks on our door at 4 in the morning last night with a bad dream. I try pushing up through the layers of sleep and invite her to come cuddle with me and tell me about it. I'm drifting in and out (which for me NEVER happens without pregnancy - I would usually be awake when she knocked or so light that I couldn't go back to sleep) once she finishes pouring out her soul and all her fears, my profound motherly advice and gentle comfort is "flush it down the toilet!!" I'm glad Colt had better counsel for her. The next morning Colt and I had a good laugh about it.

There are 2 important numbers for Summer: 1 = this means just one. As in just one popsicle or just one Curious George. I'll say just one, and she'll say "deal!" Or I'll say just one, and she'll say 3, please, please 3! 3 = anything more than 1. She always holds up 3 fingers: 3 times MOM! As in push me more times on the swing, or let's read more stories! Today we went to pick up River from school and I told them they had 5 minutes to play on the school playground. Summer says "Please 3 minutes!! Look at my fingers MOM! Like this: (Holding up 3 fingers!)

Silver: I'm like a camera!! She goes on to explain that she can remember what she sees. When we see something, it goes "click" and then I can see it again later in my memory!

Silver's Prayer: Please bless my Mom so she can run again!!" I am no longer able to race Silver around with pregnancy. Silver LOVES to run and especially race, and it has been sad for her that I can't do that anymore.

Silver asked for a fork to eat her pizza with. I answered that she could go get one out of the drawer. Silver: "I can't!! My legs are asleep already!"

I ask the girls before bed each night what their favorite part of the day was. Their answer: Spending time with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment