Friday, October 10, 2014

Caring Bridge Photos


L-R Tanzi, Summer, River, Silver
Pictures taken at the hospital.

River Update:  Handling this dose of Chemo very well!  Minimal nausea so far this dose and no throwing up!!  Medicine is amazing!  Every side effect of chemo has a medicine to try to ease the effects - pain, nausea, wigs, hats, medicines to protect her heart as much as possible.  This is a heavy dose of 2 different kinds of Chemo given over 2 days. Many nausea side effects show up 2-3 days after treatment.  River is courageous and strong and does everything she is asked to do.  It is hard for her to get up and get moving - her legs hurt a lot and so does her back, but we know that movement helps everything - fluid from not building up in lungs, feet and other parts of her body, the chemo to be able to flush out, muscles to stay strong, etc.  Many "out of bed" sessions end in tears and sometimes the best and most she can do is just to stand next to her bed or to change from bed to sitting in rocking chair. We celebrate every victory - no matter how small.  Every day we do 1 sponge bath or shower  2 times brushing teeth and 3 out of bed times.  Our 1, 2, 3s.

My friends and family have helped tremendously in setting up support for River and us and everyone. I feel as though this is everyone's journey - so many people love and care for River - even those she has never met.  Thank you for being a part of our adventure in trust and faith.
A big thank you to those who have supported us!  It is all so appreciated and we have shed many happy tears to have connected with you on such a personal level!
I haven't yet figured out how to get pictures from our phones onto my blog - so until then, all of these photos have been lovingly uploaded by Ginger and Lena.  Thank you!!
These pictures are from the caring bridge site.



River outside of Primary Children's


Sisters!





Picture that travels with River from her room in Primary Children's to our Ronald McDonald house!

Danika:  Amazing babysitter and friend!  With matching bracelet that she made with River.

Ronald McDonald house

Blanket from church held at the Hospital:  Each girl got one and Tanzi especially loves hers and packs it around and rubs the flanel tabbies across her face.


Proof that Colt can sleep ANYWHERE!  I am so jealous!




Jelly Bellies!


Summer and Daddy









SO love the decorations in our room - Rainbow put together by River's 3rd grade teacher Jane Cluff.  A hand made by everyone at the school - students, teachers, janitor, principle, everyone!







They have so many resources available here - we are grateful that she now feels up to doing crafts, games, cards, etc.  It clearly showed me how sick she was when my crafty girl wasn't up to doing anything for weeks and weeks and some more weeks after that.







Board game that River invented with Danika

Nail Polish!

Altogether!
Family spur of the moment, unplanned, wonderful trip to California!  We returned home on Sunday night and were up at Primary Children's Tuesday.  How grateful I am for this sweet memory!
River, Silver, Daddy, Summer, Mommy, Tanzi
Daddy and River
(Perfect picture moment!)
Fly Fishing!




Our 1, 2, 3s as a family:  1 Touch - hug, squeeze, footrub, something to connect physically.  2 devotionals.  Think short and sweet:  Morning - scripture, prayer and primary song.  Evening:  Friend magazine article, prayer and primary song.  3 I love yous.
ALma 26: 35-37  Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a mercifulBeing, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
 37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment