Friday, March 27, 2009

Silver Dawn

Silver is starting to really interact with us! She giggles and coos. Her favorite thing is to be with her Daddy and have him talk to her. Her shirt says it all: I Love Daddy!

Silver is such a good natured baby! She loves to laugh and does really well at calming herself down and tries really hard not to cry. In the middle of the night I know she's awake because her breathing changes. If she tries to get our attention, instead of crying she lets out a loud squak! She'll get giggling with River and have such a fun time!

It's amazing to look at pictures of just 3 months ago and see how much bigger she is now. She was born 6 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long. She is now 14 1/2 lbs! River loves to hold her sister and show her things. River told me "Our baby's being mean to me" Oh, I answer, and how's that? She says "Mom, she bit my finger" Hhhmmm, I wonder what the finger was doing in there in the first place :) River holds Silvers hand while they are in their car seats.

Silver is another name that can represent something beautiful and of God, or something of the world. She will choose what her name stands for. Silver can represent $$ and the pursuits of the world. What do we spend our time and attention on?
Silver is in the land of promise 1 Ne 18:25 What kind of land is promised us if we are faithful in all things? All the father has - eternal life and eternal families.
Silver brings to mind beautiful images, Silver Bells at Christmas time, and a silver thread in the fabric - Silver can make a difference and her life can be as a silver thread.
I love to look for the Silver Lining in a situation. We can learn from everything we experience. What have we learned from the things we go through?
My favorite image when I think of Silver is in D&C 128:24 Christ will sit as a refiner and purifier of Silver - In the process of purifying Silver one needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities. The purifyer needs to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be injured. The silver is done when the purifyer can see his own image reflected in the silver.
What a beautiful picture of Christ sitting holding Silver, knowing that He won't try us above that what we are able to withstand. His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for us. Our trials do not come at random.
Colt and I both love light. Light is a requirement for life just as water is. Light will always win over darkness. Dawn reminds me of light breaking the darkness. Christ is the Light of the World.
Dawn is also the start of a new day. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. What will I do with it. Today stretches before me with endless potential. What will I make of Today?

No comments:

Post a Comment