Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ladybug Preschool

I've been thinking lately about having River go to Preschool. After talking it over with Colt we agree that these years are so important to have experiences with Mom and form that bond. I don't think River will have any problems with social - she makes friends so easily and she is very very smart! I'm going to start our own Preschool - we call River our Ladybug, so we're starting the Ladybug Preschool. We've started a new blog for our preschool projects: http://ladybugpreschool.blogspot.com/
I don't want to look back on these years that we'll never have back and regret that I didn't do more things with her. My goal is to do at least one new thing or one learning thing with her each day.
Today we colored owls and then glued on beans as feathers, eyes, etc. River had a blast! It was a mix of 15 different kinds of beans. We talked about small, bigger, biggest; matching, bumpy, smooth, separating them out into the different ones, etc. On hers, she got to put the beans wherever she wanted and to put the glue on. On the one I was doing, I asked her to give me a red bean, or a spotted bean, or one that matched this one for the eyes. She ended up doing 5 owls throughout the day and had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment