Monday, January 10, 2011

Cookies and SNOW!

I did a post earlier on Lebkuchen cookies!
We made another batch, and I grabbed some pics of us making our cookies:






This batch took us many many days to complete. 
The first day it took me 5 hours from start to finish - we started and got all the wet ingredients added together.  With everything that can crop up through the day (I NEVER know what I'll get - it keeps me on my toes - I wonder what we'll run into today?) I didn't get a chance to add all the dry ingredients until after 11 that evening.  I put the dough in the fridge, and it was a couple of days later that we finally got a chance to roll it out. 
I've learned not to preheat the oven until just before we are ready to cook them, even a cake mix can take us a whole lot longer than the oven takes to preheat :) 


 River kept saying that it didn't feel like Christmas because it wasn't a white Christmas - it was a brown/muddy Christmas!   Soooo....I went to change Summer's diaper, and came back to SNOW!

Happy White Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment