Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gardens are a Wonderful Thing!

The girls got to pick out what they wanted in their garden:
Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Cherry Tomatoes and Broccoli!
Yes!  My girls (ALL 3) LOVE Broccoli!
I added Yellow Crookneck Squash to the mix. 

Here we are at our Family Night planting our Garden!
I don't really know what that plant is in back of River and to her left, but it was pretty so we left it.


We had such big helpers, even Summer jumped right in!




It's been so fun for the girls to run out every morning to see what's growing in their garden:
Right now we have Raspberries!  Some are even left on the plant to get ripe, but many are picked pink :)
Tomatoes are just starting to come on.   

River found an "umbrella" 

MMMmmmmm!
Veggies are ever SO yummy! 

I grew up gardening with my Dad.  My Grandpa also has a large vegetable garden and I remember sweet corn as a summer staple growing up!  Fresh snap peas and cucumbers.  One of life's wonderful moments is to pick a ripe bell pepper in the cool of the morning - ahhh, Great Memories and Great Memories in the Making. 

1 comment:

  1. So Fun! Do you have your goats yet? That was one of the first things I thought about this morning!:)

    ReplyDelete