Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Coronado Island Beach

Silver cuddled up on the beach.

I love the toes sticking out :)

We had so much fun on the beach!!   Coronado Island by San Diego has a wonderful beach!
This is the only picture I have of the beach - taken on someone else's camera.  We ruined a camera once on the beach, so all the great memories of the beach will just be in our memories :)
We gathered tons of seashells - River is really good at finding them.
We also found a really cool star fish and sea star, crabs and fish too.
Sandcastles and water.  Colt and I boogie boarded in the ocean - it was really fun!

When we brought the shells home, we glued them open so they look like butterflies!
We found tons of sanddollars too - purple ones. When they are purple they are still alive. 
What precious times walking the beach in bare feet. 





These remind me of my mission - I served in Croatia which has an extensive coastline.  I had lots and lots of seafood both during the year I served on the coast and the 5 months following in the interior of the country - still lots of seafood.   I still don't care for mussles - but the shells are pretty and remind me of all the great people that served them to us with love. 
While in SanDiego we went to SeaWorld. 
This was really a cool experience.
I was so pleasantly surprised with all the shows they had.  Once you paid for admission into SeaWorld - all the shows and rides were included.  They also had people at most of the animal attractions talking about the animals and answering questions.  Definitely a great time! 




A sea star with 6 rays.  They can grow back their rays, and sometimes when damaged, they grow back an extra one!   






Summer sucking on a lemon!


Balloon Hat!

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks like you had a good time. Glad you guys has lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete