Thursday, November 11, 2010

Apricot, Peach, Berry Delish!

We LOVE Smoothies!
I did a blog post recently about Icees and Slushies - these are frozen juice, but a Smoothie is a creation indeed!
 River and Silver are my big helpers to create our smoothie masterpieces!
 Add any fruit:  Some ideas:  Peaches, Apricots, Pears, Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas, etc.
Add ice cubes, frozen fruit, Strawberry shake powder (Available at Costco "Breeza Brand" a big tub for $3), milk, yogurt or frozen juices like orange juice.
The possibilities are endless and delicious!!
They each turn out different and oh so yummy!
 My Omi (grandma) gave us a vita-mix for our wedding, and we use it ALL the time :)  It is fabulous to make shakes with - it really blends all the pieces up so finely.  Even the peach or apricot skins it cuts up so fine.

 We also love vegetables!
Have you heard of Bountiful Baskets.  This is seriously the best thing ever!
Every other week we get to pick up two large bags of veggies and fruit for $15. 
It has a large variety of different fruits and vegetables.
They also include ones that I don't buy regularly, so we have quite a bit more variety in our diet these days - yams, artichokes, pomegranates, pineapple, berries, etc. 
The girls go with me on Saturday mornings to go pick up our healthy stuff - they tell me the colors and what it is called as we gently (sometimes) put it in our bags.
It is available all over the Western States.  Fabulous!

 My cooking friends
 Our Day of Tears:
     When onions were on the shopping list Colt brought me home a 25 lb bag of onions. WoW - maybe I may need to be more specific of what I had in mind on those shopping lists! The next day my project was to dice and get all the onions in the freezer. Now, I love onions, but I have a hard time peeling and cutting them up. I cry buckets of tears for each onion. I couldn't get through an onion before tears were flowing too quickly and I'd have to step away. Between my tears, Silver's tears, Summer's tears, and countless interruptions.....it was a long morning. After 30 onions I called it quits until nap time. To finish up the bag was 33 more onions - I didn't shed a tear. Either I was completely out of tears, or the open window blowing cold fresh air against my eyeballs was a wonder! We now have a freezer full of chopped onions :)


Another of my favorite things is scents.  We have a scent warmer that heats up wax to release the scent.  Think a scented candle without the fire.  Here are the girls finding their favorite scent:
Some better than others, heh?
River found a keeper!
Oh, my precious girls! 
You're growing up so fast.

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute family! Your girls are darling! Mike told me to check out your blog! Thanks so much for the high chair, Kyson loves it, and it has become extremely handy!

    ReplyDelete