Tuesday, November 30, 2010

GumDrops

I think newborns sucking their thumbs is the cutest! 
SuPeR CUTE...except...then I think it's not so great when the kid gets bigger.  
I sucked my thumb till I was in Kindergarten.
As much as Silver loves her nuki, I'm glad that I can take it away. 
I can take a nuki away, I can't take the thumb away, plus I can always wash the nuk.
Summer is such a well-natured baby......Most of the time :)
We have tried most  of the kinds of nuks out there...and Summer didn't care for any of them, just her handy-dandy right-hand thumb.  (Which by the way is darling to watch her pop in her mouth).
Silver loved the Nuk brand pacifiers that are made of latex (brown "plastic").  Now I can only find silicone (see-through)  nuks in the store, and I'm not a big fan of those.  I guess some people are allergic to latex.  They are doing away with most everything latex, latex gloves, etc. because it causes a rash if allergic to it. 
We finally found one that I LOVE!  They are called GumDrop Pacifiers. 
It is made of Silicone, but it is soft.  This is the same material as the green ones they give in the hospital, but these ones conform around the mouth.  I also like that they are one piece, so when you wash them, water and soap doesn't get trapped in the 2nd piece.  She takes it most of the time, but if I'm not around, she'll quickly find her thumb  :) 
Here she has her thumb inserted into the hole in the pacifier :)
And it's an added bonus the GumDrop is my FAVORITE color!  Seriously, doesn't that orange just make you want to smile? 
 The pacifier in this picture is in upside down - Silver enjoys giving Summer her pacifier, and helping her calm down (usually after she's helped her wake up)



Good Night.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you found one you like!! JJ prefers his thumb too. He's still working on finding it though. It's SOOO Cute. But I agree with you, it's not the best for the future. So I sneak the bink in before he finds his thumb. I Love these precious babies!! Such a journey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Summer sucking her thumb through the nuk. Judd prefers his thumb too. They are so cute at this age. We finally found one that he likes ok- where did you find your gumdrop one?

    ReplyDelete