Thursday, April 9, 2009

Return to Health and Spring

We’ve been sick! It wasn’t anything serious, just tons of coughing, sore throats, fevers, ear aches, runny & stuffy noses, River had a urinary tract infection, chills, hot flashes, etc. It’s been a long 11 days. We’re finally coming out of it. Silver still has a lingering cough – but her well-child checkup is tomorrow so she’ll be able to see the doctor. I’m so thankful for modern medicine – just to know that we have antibiotics and medical doctors nearby if needed is a huge reassurance! There were a couple of days that River just laid on the couch with no energy and those sick eyes pleading to get better.
We usually enjoy really good health in our family. While I never welcome a cold, I’m always glad to get over it. It gives me a new perspective on my health that I take for granted much too often. I love to be able to breathe through my nose again and breathe deeply without coughing all over. That I can sleep and not hurt. What a beautiful thing our health is! 2nd Nephi 2:11 “For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things” Health/Sickness Winter/Summer Dry/Rain Hungry/Satisfied Happy/Sad Youth/Age Sleep/Alert Work/Play Absolutely everything, the trick for me is to be grateful for the experience and to not take for granted the good!
Another thing that makes today such a wonderful day is the coming of spring! The end of winter and the beginning of trees leafing out – the coming of tulips and flowering trees! It is such a happy thing to have birds and flowers around. The green that returns to the desert! Colt promised me that if we were to move to the desert area he would make it green for me. Above is pictured some of the flower beds Colt made for us. We have around 30 fruit trees, beautiful plants. flowers, vines and bushes! We’re planning on putting in grass this spring.
Grateful for everyday!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you all are feeling better!! We're loving this blue sky weather too! BTW: Young Women's was really fun. The Stotlar girls were with us and we had a fun time painting eggs.

    ReplyDelete