Friday, September 24, 2010

Fireflies

     Colt and I were talking about some of the things we'd like to do one of these days.
One of the things on my list:  I'd like to see fireflies.
     A couple of days later for Family Night Colt and I took the girls up the canyon behind our house.  It was after dark when we left home.  There was a full moon and we took some solar lights with us as our "flashlights".  
     We had a great time walking and talking and then on the way back River and Daddy followed the tracks we made up the canyon back home.
     River was a good tracker and would get her light down close to the ground while walking in a squat to find the tracks.  Colt taught her how to tell whose track they were and what direction they were going.
My Fireflies.
On our way home, I realized I have seen something far better than fireflies:
A Daddy with his little girls and glowing behinds!

No comments:

Post a Comment