Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome to Our Family Precious Baby!

Precious Baby Girl #3 is Here!
We have a lot of great name options, but none settled on for sure yet :)
She has such a sweet and very mellow personality. 
Sunday August 29th 2010  *  5:53 pm
6 lbs 12 oz   *   20 1/8 inches long
 
 River and Silver can't get enough of their baby. 
Wherever the baby is, that's where they want to be too. 
  
  
 
 I hold Silver and the baby on my lap when Silver gets a turn to hold her.  Silver loves to point out all the baby's parts:  hair, hands, toesies - nose, eyes, mouth - we've had a lot of fun.
We decided to have our baby at home.  What a beautiful experience that was!!
Here are a series of pictures about an hour after she was born when River and Silver got to come over and meet their sister, pick out her 1st outfit and dress her for the first time.  I love their facial expressions here, such love and acceptance!  It was so nice to be at home in our comfortable bed afterwards.
 
Snapshot:
Baby:  1 hour old
Silver:  20 months
River:  50 months (4 years)
Sunday morning when I was in early labor I told River that I thought the baby would come today. She says "Nu-uh MOM! It can't come yet!! Our calendar isn't finished yet." We had been marking off the days with stickers until our baby would join our family - we still had 2 squares to go yet!
Silver kept bringing her baby more blankets to keep warm :)
 
 
 
 
I told Colt if there was one word that summed everything up for me it was Content.
I am happy and content in my fabulous role as wife and mother.
This scripture makes me smile:  4th Nephi 1:16  "And surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God."
 
Welcome to our Family - Precious Little One

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are very excited for your family. You have a beautiful daughter. Glad to hear that everything went well for you. Enjoy your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! She is Precious!! So glad she's here!!! So, My name suggestion is Iris. Sometimes when I think of you, I think of Iris' because I know you love them. Just a thought. Good Luck!

    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you heard my story yet or not, but I actually had a dream early Sunday morning that you had your baby, a little boy with black hair! There's more to the story, will tell you later. So awesome, what a wonderful experience. Let us know when you're ready to be showered with gifts and visits!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karin I am so so happy for you and Colt! What a wonderful family you are! We are just happy that there is someone else out there with 3 little girls like us! We aren't the only ones!!! HAHAHA! You look fabulous, I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! She's absolutely beautiful! You'll have to let us know when you choose a name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats:) I am so happy for you and your family. She is beautiful and I am glad she made it into this world safely. She is very blessed to have such wonderful parents and loving sisters!! Take Care Tabitha

    ReplyDelete