Friday, January 18, 2013

Quote Board

Colt: Sieze life by the horns....you only get gored occasionally! 

Silver and I were looking through a book saying the sounds of all the farm animals - when we came to the farmer I asked her what a farmer says. Silver: Howdy Folks! 

Every morning Summer asks: Santa Come??? 

Silver was so excited one morning as we were driving to library time that there was snow everywhere!! She asks me if it will stay for awhile. I answer probably not - our snowman didn't make it to the next day - life expectancy is not very high for Arizona snowmen. She was very disappointed. Then near the end of our ride she noticed some snow!! Silver: "Hey Mom!! This snow forgot to melt!!" 

Silver singing "Old McDonald had a farm EiEiO and on this farm he had a flower EiEiO with a (Big Sniff) Aaaahhhhh here and a (Big Sniff) Aaahhhh there. 

River has a love of the scriptures. She finds comfort and Christ in their words. She went through several days where she was having nightmares every night. I found her reading my scriptures one morning ~ writing down her favorite verses. They were ones that said that the Lord is with thee, and that the Lord blesses thee and knows thee. They brought her a lot of comfort and peace knowing that he was aware and loved her. She knows that that is a way that Heavenly Father speaks to her, and answers her prayers: through reading his words of love, peace, joy and comfort. She says to me "I like to look through the scriptures because I know I'll find something that matters to me." 

River: Mom ~ Look at the Snow!! It reminds me of Jesus! It's kind of like when you sin and then you repent...that's what it looks like. 

Summer: "Daddy phone hollering!"

Summer loves to pray with her hands clasped together. She asks everyone to clasp their hands before prayer "Like This!" holding out her little hands. If someone is folding their arms during the prayer she will still say "like this, like this!"

Summer: "Silver bodrin me!" (bothering)

We had the girls in bunk beds and since moving we've had enough room to put their beds side by side. We enjoy this very much as I now lay with each girl every night after our stories, teeth brushing, and prayers. We sing and I talk with them about anything they would like as well as their sad things and happy things that happened through the day. It is interesting to find out what stood out to them every day. Summer always asks me to "Talk-a-me!"

Silver's Prayer: "Please bless Mommy and Daddy serve a mission see the monkeys" We've had a lot of chances to see the Sister Missionaries lately - they came to our house to eat and I've played the piano at a couple of baptisms that our girls have gone to. They LOVE the missionaries. They decided they want to go and Mommy and Daddy too. Colt has a mission picture with a monkey on a wall with him reaching up to touch his tail - that's where we think the "see the monkeys" came from. Summer has now picked this up, they've dropped the monkeys part, now each and every prayer from Silver and Summer includes "Please bless Mommy and Daddy serve a mission."

No comments:

Post a Comment